Public Relations Specialist
Do you love researching new topics and fancy yourself a grammar geek? Are you unintimidated by highly technical topics, research and writing? Are you a proven wordsmith with a knack for storytelling? And are you ready to use your talents to help companies grow their PR and content strategies, develop relationships with journalists and establish earned media?
If your answers to these questions are yes, and you’re seeking a dynamic, team-oriented creative agency environment to advance your career, we’re looking for you!
As a PR specialist with Stream Creative, your goals and success will revolve around your ability to:
- Write press releases (often on technical topics or introducing highly technical and industrial products)
- Build relationships with trade publication journalists and representatives from local and national media outlets
- Pitch story ideas
- Put a newsworthy spin on an otherwise un-newsworthy story
- Connect pitch ideas with current events
- Connect with media spokespersons and make professional media interview recommendations
- Ask inquisitive questions
- Conduct source interviews
- Conduct in-depth research, and then take that research a step further
- Identify solid earned media story ideas
- Build editorial calendars
- Show genuine enthusiasm for working with manufacturing teams
- Occasionally meet with clients/media at offsite industrial settings
- Provide consultation when crisis media situations arise
- Navigate media databases and monitoring analytics
Successful candidates will be charged with working collaboratively with the team on client account management, public relations, marketing and promotional strategy, developing content calendars, press release writing and pitching, content writing and editing for blog posts and emails, social content creation and other story idea development. Additional responsibilities will include helping manage all aspects of public relations services for clients, having an in-depth understanding and ability to navigate the agency’s media database and monitoring platform, and lead PR reporting for clients. The individual in this role will also research and prepare targeted influencer and media lists, upload blog and social posts using the HubSpot content management system, and develop new story ideas for earned media that will help advance our client’s brands and products to a worldwide audience.
- 3+ years of experience in journalism, online content creation and public relations
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Highly professional communication and writing skills
- Superior work habits, leadership, motivation and passion for your work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Proficiency in using content management systems
- Working knowledge of content marketing strategies
- Familiarity with inbound marketing, demand generation, lead nurturing and social media marketing
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary that will align with your skills and experience
- Fun, flexible work environment where you can see the impact you are making every day
- Remote work flexibility
- Paid holidays, vacation and personal days
- Opportunities to gain additional skills/networking at applicable professional development seminars or other outside training events
Stream Creative is a Milwaukee-based group of nationally recognized marketers who enjoy supporting business owners, marketing directors and internal design teams. Founded in 2006 by Jeff Coon, Steve James and Brian Brinkman, Stream Creative is an integrated marketing and design agency, as well as a Platinum Level HubSpot Partner. The team takes great pride in creating multi-channeled marketing campaigns that grow brands and create loyalty among consumers for business-to-business and business-to-consumer organizations in industries such as manufacturing, insurance, healthcare and more.
The Stream Creative team still enjoys collaborating and meeting face-to-face periodically with one another and our clients; however, we’ve fully embraced the work efficiencies and added time with our families that come with our virtual workplaces. More than half of Stream Creative employees average ten or more years employed with the company. Collectively, the team believes it would be difficult to find the same family-oriented atmosphere, flexibility, and humorous banter they experience each workday in any other organization. Is this the type of workplace where you would thrive?
We look forward to learning more about you!
Stream Creative is an equal opportunity provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.