Tasked with a goal to improve your online presence and increase website traffic, your small marketing team and limited budget may initially discourage you. The truth is -- growth strategies do not have to be complicated to be successful.
Here are 4 simple tactics you can do in 30 minutes to increase your online reach and capture the attention of your target audience.
1. Focus On Visuals
If your online presence needs a refresher, start with big, bold and beautiful visuals. Webpages, blog posts and landing pages with visuals receive 94% more page visits and engagement than those without (Wishpond). Better yet, add video. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words (Brainshark).
- ACTION ITEM: Take your existing video content and leverage it strategically in your lead generation campaigns, blog and social media posts. In 10 minutes you can embed your existing videos on key landing pages and schedule compelling social media posts to attract new leads.
2. Content Quality over Quantity
With 27 millions pieces of content being uploaded and shared each day, its safe to assume that your content can easily get lost in the shuffle. If you are spending time and resources on content creation, think quality over quantity. Be sure that each piece of content you create is valuable to your customers. Each piece should be created with the intention of being the best blog, whitepaper, interview or the like, that your customer reads in a given day.
- ACTION ITEM: Take your red pen and cross off all of the items on your content calendar that don’t strategically contribute to your marketing goals and instead, focus your attention (and resources) on those that do. This will be the most liberating 5 minutes of your day.
3. Pay For Play
While organic search remains an important piece of the marketing pie, more and more brands are seeing their reach diminish. Embrace this change and recognize new opportunities; your advertising dollars may bump up slightly, but you can laser focus on your target audience like never before. Social media platforms, like Facebook, offer niche-advertising opportunities that can geo-target your audience down to the zip code, pulling in users interests, age, gender and more.
- ACTION ITEM: Take your existing quality content and invest $50 in a promoted Facebook post and watch the leads roll in. With the advertising metrics included in the Facebook platform, you can monitor your success in real time. Five minutes, and $50 dollars well spent.
4. Find An Influencer
Influencers are individuals with the power and authority to influence potential buyers. It is no coincidence that big brands are connecting with popular bloggers, industry experts and local celebrities to build trust and reach within established influencer networks. Savvy consumers don’t always trust the marketing messages put forth by large organizations, but do they certainly trust the seemingly independent words from their favorite blogger.
- ACTION ITEM: Consider the types of influencers that share your target audience and try to identify a handful that may share your organization’s core set of values. Which influencers are likely to reach your target audience? In 10 minutes you can research and connect with the top influencers on social media and follow their blogs. Over time, you can monitor their reach and determine how to strategically align your brands and consider exploring a partnership opportunity.
Interested in more action items to improve your marketing ROI? Attend Experience Inbound to participate in “deep dive” sessions led by experts in key areas of inbound marketing, from attracting new leads, to conversion optimization, paid targeting and closing strategies. Take a look at the line-up of speakers at Experience Inbound and register today!