A common misconception among marketing pros is that online video might not be the easiest content technique to take on. While in some cases that may be true, creating good video content can be done effectively at low cost and with little time commitment. This is one of the many reasons why more businesses are allocating the time and resources to ensure that video content is integrated into their marketing plan and social strategies.
We know that many internet users watch online videos, but did you know that number exceeds 85%? And more than half of those users click through for more information after watching a video. In terms of generating sales leads, video can be a game-changer. Here are a few more powerful reasons to incorporate video into your marketing strategies:
1. More than 200 million YouTube views occur on mobile devices every day.
2. It can be done simply and budget friendly.
- There is no need to produce long, drawn-out videos for most content topics. In fact, the most popular videos are only 10 – 15 seconds long. (Source: iab Survey)
- Videos can be recorded as simply as capturing interviews, events and more on your mobile phone or iPad and then uploaded to YouTube. Video content can also be created as elaborately as hiring a professional film crew. Think through what content will change frequently and what content will be long-standing material. Don’t invest in a professional crew if the content will change. Consider making the investment if it is material that serves many purposes and won’t be out of date soon.
- Quick videos captured on mobile devices and uploaded via social channels are suitable for many marketing opportunities. Great content is created and oftentimes increases credibility because the videos don’t appear to be professionally produced or sales-y in nature. Here are 6 avenues to consider when incorporating mobile video into your marketing strategies.
3. It can be shared through many different communication channels.
- Video content can be easily shared among all of your social channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ blog posts and now, Instagram. Sharing interesting video content among your social platforms is one of the top ways to be recognized by your followers.
- Videos are the most likely content to go viral, increasing the number of views with no extra cost to your business.
4. It creates an emotional connection.
- Marketing videos are a fundamental shift from traditional advertising in that through storytelling, an emotional connection can be created that influences consumer purchasing behavior.
- Using video to thank customers or business partners is another great way to incorporate customized content that targets a specific audience. It can, however, cause confusion when the message is not relevant for certain viewers. Using an unlisted video link that can be distributed via email or targeted messaging is a good option for sharing in these circumstances. Here are some more ways to create thank-you pages, links and video to keep users engaged.
5. People stay engaged for longer periods of time.
- Incorporating different forms of content helps to keep viewers engaged but did you know that visitors will spend 100% more time on pages with video included? (Source: MarketingSherpa) In case you are still not sold, view 19 more reasons to include visual content in your marketing strategies.
Video is connecting people online more than ever before and it provides an easy and cost effective opportunity for businesses to enhance email, websites, blog content, and more. By connecting with customers in this visual and oftentimes, emotional way, companies can strengthen brand loyalty and generate new business through video’s viral effect. How can you get started incorporating video in your marketing strategy today?